Sunday, January 18, 2009

The myth of “Small Business”

 

 Manufacture

I don’t know how many times I’ve yelled at the TV when the topic has been “Small Business”. I know it’s not a good sign of mental stability when you talk to your TV but at least I don’t throw things at it or shoot it.

Here’s a prime example that dates back to 2001.

“In a ceremony at the Defense Information Systems Agency today, representatives of the Department of Defense and a consortium of three businesses officially signed the largest combined small business set-aside acquisition in the history of the federal government. “  (emphasis is mine)

 

I checked out the companies that were awarded the contracts and they were all $50 Million a year “Small Businesses”

 

“The maximum cumulative face value for all three contracts for satellite transmission services, awarded last evening, is anticipated to be $2.196 billion over the life of the contracts, if all options are exercised. “   (I did it again)

Cognitive Dissonance anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Indeed. Wouldn't it be great if they talked about and dealt with the REAL small businesses? And just do not get me started on sole proprietors and micro biz! The majority of companies in the U.S. have less than 20 employees and make far less than $50M.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean!

Welcome, and why are you here?

I'm sure you have better things to do.