Saturday, January 17, 2009

Roses are red, Violets are blue, I’m a Schizophrenic and so am I

 

SplitPerson 

 

Today I am going to become two people. The Twittering, Commenting, Ranting, and www.Bookofjoe.com regular is going to be one of them. The other is going to be more disciplined, refined, knowledgeable  and businesslike. 

“Why?”, you ask.

“Several reasons”, he answers.

I had a conversation (actually a Twitter,semi-literate-half-a-sentence-abbreviated exchange) with a very good writer who’s focus is Micro Businesses.  This is a topic for a rant as I believe it’s a subject the government and the media don’t understand and consistently misrepresent. (See I almost went there)

 

She and I talked about how much personal info you want to make readily available to the public.  She was worried that people would consider her a “nut”.

I understood her concern as she was dealing with important issues and important people in the political world.  She has a good reputation to worry about. I understood, but have never had that problem.  Until now.

The new, improved, other me is going to be the spokesman for my web-business in a new social media network.  I’m going to be informative, serious and challenging. If I’m good enough I’m going to get a little respect. Yea, Right.  OK, let me change that to “where I’m going to TRY to get a little respect” 

Ol’ Ray-Bud, the guy whose picture adorns most of my identities will always be here but he is now undergoing a name change to be just plain Bud.  Speaking of no respect, he looks like the epitome of Rodney Dangerfield. 

Ray is going to have to find a more appropriate image.

So I’m working on an image makeover. (Maybe a good idea for a TV show; Extreme Image Makeover)

Do I use a real photo of myself? A younger one like Joe? An avatar like…..  naw, no avatars.  I don’t know.

I could do what I did years ago and create a new personality.

I worked as an art director for a small computer consulting firm that produced not only software but the training materials that went with them. That was my department.  The art dept. diverted any and all sales calls by telling the caller that the person they had to talk to was the big boss - Flash Corduroy.

 

Aerial Photographer

Of course, Flash was always out of the office on assignment somewhere exotic and totally unavailable.  We used him extensively.

Personally, I really don’t want you to see my wedding pictures or my family. I do want you to be amused by other things I may do or create. I really want you to like Bud and laugh at Flash.  So lets keep it that way, OK?

Thanks,

Ray, Bud and Flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean!

Welcome, and why are you here?

I'm sure you have better things to do.